Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Interview Questions
How to Restore a site backup using Powershell command in SharePoint Server?
Posted By :
Posted Date :
August 15, 2014
Use below Powershell script command
Restore-SPSite -Identity http://myserver -Path "c:\backup\file.bak"
You can also find related Interview Question to
How to Restore a site backup using Powershell command in SharePoint Server?
What is the STSADM command to backup and restore the sharepoint site
The STSADM commands to take backup and restore the sharepoint site are given as below:
stsadm -o backup -url http://sp-moss:9999/ -filename c:\backupsite.bak
stsadm -o restore -url http://sp-moss:9999/ -filename c:\backupsite.bak
What are the differences between web part page gallery, site gallery,Virtual server gallery and online gallery in SharePoint?
Web Part Page Gallery in SharePoint is the default gallery provided by Microsoft that comes installed with SharePoint. Site Gallery is specific to one sharepoint website site. Virtual Server gallery is specific to that virtual server and online gallery is available for download web parts from MSDN.
difference between backup file and .stp file in sharepoint site
A backup file is more like a DB snapshot (if you are talking about the backup operation of STSADM)
You can save a site with our without content as template and can create other sites based upon that site template. For that first you have to save your site as a template which will be saved with extension .STP, OOB there is limitation of 10MB in size but u can increase the size upto 2 GB using STSADM command.
Before you RESTORE or ATTACH the Database/backup file on Production server from other source, What are the things you should do ?
The following are the basic recommendations when attaching or restoring Database(s) from other source:
1. Do not ATTACH or RESTORE databases from unknown sources.
2. These databases could contain malicious code that might execute unintended Transact-SQL code or cause errors by modifying the schema or the physical database structure.
3. Before you use a database from an unknown source, run DBCC CHECKDB on the database on a nonproduction server first.
4. Examine the code, like stored procedures or other user-defined code.
5. If you feel everything is fine thenonly proceed with production server.
How is SharePoint Portal Server different from the Site Server?
Site Server has search capabilities but these are more advanced using SharePoint.
SPS uses digital dashboard technology which provides a nice interface for creating web parts and showing them ondashboards (pages). SS doesn't have anything as advanced as that. The biggest difference wouldbe SPS document management features which also integrate with web folders and MS Office.
What is the difference between SharePoint Portal Server and Windows SharePoint Services?
SharePoint Portal Server is the global portal offering features like global navigation and searching.Windows SharePoint Services is more content management based with document libraries and lists. You apply information to certain areas within your portal from windows share point Services or directly to portal areas.
What is a site definition in SharePoint?
A site definition is a methods in SharePoint for providing pre packaged site and list content.
What is Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services? How is it related to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007?
Windows SharePoint Services is the solution that enables you to create Web site for information sharing and document collaboration. Windows SharePoint Services - a key piece of the information worker infrastructure delivered in Microsoft Windows Server 2003 - provides additional functionality to the Microsoft Office system and other desktop applications, and it serves as a platform for application development.Office SharePoint Server 2007 builds on top of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 to provide additional capabilities including collaboration, portal, search,Enterprise content management,business process and forms, and business intelligence.
Who is Office SharePoint server 2007 designed for?
Office SharePoint Server 2007 can be used by information workers, IT administrators, and application developers.
What are the main benefits of Office SharePoint Server 2007?
Office SharePoint Server 2007 provides a single integrated platform to manage intranet, extranet,and Internet applications across the enterprise.
* Business users gain greater control over the storage, security, distribution, and management of their electronic content, with tools that are easy to use and tightly integrated into familiar,everyday applications.
* Organizations can accelerate shared business processes with customers and partners across organizational boundaries using InfoPath Forms Services-driven solutions.
* Information workers can find information and people efficiently and easily through the-facilitated information-sharing functionality and simplified content publishing. In addition, access to back-end data is achieved easily through a browser, and views into this data can be personalized.
* Administrators have powerful tools at their fingertips that ease deployment, management, and system administration, so they can spend more time on strategic tasks.
* Developers have a rich platform to build a new class of applications, called Office Business Applications, that combine powerful developer functionality with the flexibility and ease of deployment of Office SharePoint Server 2007. Through the use of out-of-the-box application services, developers can build richer applications with less code.
What is the difference between Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for Internet sites and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007?
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for Internet sites and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server2007 have identical feature functionality. While the feature functionality is similar, the usage rights are different.If you are creating an Internet, or Extranet, facing website, it is recommended that you use Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for Internet sites which does not require the purchase client access licenses. Websites hosted using an "Internet sites" edition can only be used for Internet facing websites and all content, information, and applications must be accessible to non employees.Websites hosted using an "Internet sites" edition cannot be accessed by employees creating, sharing, or collaborating on content which is solely for internal use only, such as an Intranet Portal scenario.
What suites of the 2007 Microsoft Office system work with Office SharePoint Server 2007?
Office Outlook 2007 provides bidirectional offline Synchronization with SharePoint document libraries, discussion groups, contacts, calendars, and tasks.vabnix.page.tlMicrosoft Office Groove 2007, included as part of Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, will enable bidirectional offline synchronization with SharePoint document libraries.Features such as the document panel and the ability to publish to Excel Services will only beenabled when using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007or Office Enterprise 2007.Excel Services will only work with documents saved in the new Office Excel 2007 file format(XLSX).
How do I invite users to join a Windows SharePoint Services Site? Is the site secure?
SharePoint-based Web sites can be password-protected to restrict access to registered users, who are invited to join via e-mail. In addition, the site administrator can restrict certain members' roles by assigning different permission levels to view post and edit.
How do I make my site non-restricted in Sharepoint?
If you want your site to have anonymous access enabled (i.e., you want to treat it like any site on the Internet that does not ask you to provide a user name and password to see the content of the site),
If you want to make your sharepoint website available on Internet and anybody can use it than you can follow below steps:
1) Log-in as an administrator
2) Click on site settings
3) Click on Go to Site Administration
4) Click on Manage anonymous access
5) Choose one of the three conditions on what Anonymous users can access:** Entire Web site** Lists and libraries** Nothing Default condition is nothing; your site has restricted access.
The default conditions allow you to create a secure site for your Web site.
Quick Links For Interview Questions Categories:
Find questions, FAQ's and their answers related to .NET, C#, Vb.Net, Sql Server and many more.
Now you can find lots of .NET, C#, Vb.Net, SQL Server,Windows, ASP.Net related Questions and their Answers here at www.dotnetspark.com. Our aim is to help you pass your certification Exams (MCP, MCSD, MCAD etc.,) with flying scores and get good name in your company.
So, Start looking our
section daily and improve your .NET Skills. You can also help others by posting Interview Questions and their Answers in this section.
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend