- View state is maintained in page level only.
- View state of one page is not visible in another page.
- View state information stored in client only.
- View state persist the values of particular page in the client (browser) when post back operation done.
- View state used to persist page-instance-specific data. (Read more)
- Session state is maintained in session level.
- Session state value is available in all pages within a user session.
- Session state information stored in server.
- Session state persist the data of particular user in the server. This data available till user close the browser or session time completes.
- Session state used to persist the user-specific data on the server side. (Read more)
ApplicationState is a variable you can store values in during the life off the application (may get cycled periodically, and without your knowledge) (used less-frequently)
- If you want to access the information on different web pages, you can use SessionState
- If you want to access from the same page, then you can use Viewstate
-Application State it's global, for all users
Session state provides more security when compared with view state as the data value is stored in server side