Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Interview Questions
What does OAuth enable in SharePoint 2013?
Posted By :
Posted Date :
March 12, 2014
OAuth enables secure authorization from desktop and web applications in a simple and standard way.
You can also find related Interview Question to
What does OAuth enable in SharePoint 2013?
How many Hosting Type in SharePoint 2013?
Their three hosting type.
What's the new App model in Sharepoint 2013?
An app may include SharePoint 2013 components such as lists, workflows, and site pages, but it can also surface a remote web application and remote data in SharePoint.
What is new Features of SharePoint 2013?
SharePoint 2013 has a lot of New and Improved Features:
1. New Minimal UI
2. SharePoint and Office Apps model.
3. Social and Collaboration Features
4. Improved Search
5. Cross-Site Publishing
6. Shredded Storage
7. Out-of-Box PDF support
8. Minimal Download Strategy
What's new with Visual WebPart in SharePoint 2013?
A new Visual WebPart Template has been added to Visual Studio 2012 for Creating Visual Webparts for SharePoint 2013. In this new Template both the User Control and WebPart Classes are merged to Create one template unlike SharePoint 2010 where you had a separate ascx and webpart file.Also, now you can Create both Sandbox and Farm solutions using Visual WebPart Template.
Can you explain the steps to migrate a Site Collection from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013?
We need to follow below steps to migrate a Site Collection from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013:-
1. Backup and Restore SharePoint 2010 Content database in your SharePoint 2013 farm.
2. Run Test-SPContentDatabase cmdlet to identify missing Components along with potential errors and related warnings. Check the upgrade log and deploy any missing components and re-run the cmdlet to verify.
3. Attach the Content database to the desired web application using Mount-SPContentDatabase cmdlet.
4. After successfully mounting the content database to web application, the site should be accessible in 14 mode.
5. Next, to Upgrade the site to 15 Hive, Navigate to SiteUpgrade.aspx page in Site Setting of your site collection.
6. Click on "Upgrade the Site Collection" button.
7. During the upgrade The SiteUpgrade.aspx page shows the progress and provides a link to an upgrade log for troubleshooting purposes.
8. Site Collection Should now be accessible in 15 mode.
How does an app communicate with SharePoint 2013?
In SharePoint 2013 app communicate in two ways mainly:-
2.Managed APIs (.NET)
How many Connectors available out of the box in sharepoint 2013
There are five Connectors available SharePoint 2013:
3. File Share
4. BDC (Exchange Public Folder, Lotus Notes,Doacumentum,Taxonomy)
5. People Profile Connector
What is App model in SharePoint 2013?
Apps for SharePoint are self-contained pieces of functionality that extend the capabilities of a SharePoint website.SharePoint 2013 Introduces a Cloud App Model that enables you to Create apps. An app may include SharePoint components such as lists, workflows, and site pages, but it can also surface a remote web application and remote data in SharePoint
What are the Changes to Solutions deployed in \bin directory and GAC in SharePoint 2013?
There are following changes in SharePoint Solution Deployment:-
1.Any files deployed to the \bin directory must be full trust.
2.You can no longer add partial trust Solution Packages to the \bin directory.
3.Any deployment scripts needs to be updated to make sure that they specify the correct trust level.
4.After the release of .NET Framework 4.0, the GAC was split into two, one for each CLR.
c:\windows\assembly is the location for .NET versions 1.0 through 3.5 and c:\windows\microsoft.net\assembly is location for all the dlls for project Created in .NET Framework 4.0.
Types of user authentication methods that SharePoint 2013 supports?
SharePoint 2013 supports below 3 authentication methods
1. Windows claims
2. Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)-based claims
3. Forms-based authentication claims
Is Visual Upgrade available in SharePoint 2013?
Types of Business Data Connectivity (BDC) connections are supported in SharePoint 2013?
Open Data Protocol
Types of authentication does Business Connectivity Services support in SharePoint 2013?
4.Custom authentication to OData services when it is used with the Secure Store Service
How is the BDC model in SharePoint 2013 more streamlined than in SharePoint 2010?
BDC model in SharePoint 2013 more streamlined than in SharePoint 2010
1.Visual Studio 2010 is able to connect to the OData endpoint through Business Connectivity Services and read the OData source.
2.Visual Studio 2010 will then automatically generate the BDC model
Quick Links For Interview Questions Categories:
Find questions, FAQ's and their answers related to .NET, C#, Vb.Net, Sql Server and many more.
Now you can find lots of .NET, C#, Vb.Net, SQL Server,Windows, ASP.Net related Questions and their Answers here at www.dotnetspark.com. Our aim is to help you pass your certification Exams (MCP, MCSD, MCAD etc.,) with flying scores and get good name in your company.
So, Start looking our
section daily and improve your .NET Skills. You can also help others by posting Interview Questions and their Answers in this section.
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend