Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Interview Questions
What is Bulk insert?
Posted By :
Posted Date :
July 31, 2011
It is use to import data from a data file into database table or views.
You can also find related Interview Question to
What is Bulk insert?
What is the parameter substitution symbol used with INSERT INTO command?
How many Columns per INSERT statement is allowed
4096 Columns allowed in per Insert SQL
Why is it not a good idea to insert code into InitializeComponent method when working with Visual Studio?
The designer will likely throw it away; most of the code inside InitializeComponent is auto-generated.
Can we insert a blank row using BindigSource Class?
Yes, we can create a blank row using AddNew() Method. but if we have any checkbox that we are binding with binding source then we can't insert blank row we need to add some value for those column with whcih we are binding checkbox.
Can we insert a value for the identity Column in Sql Server?
Yes, We can insert the value for Identity column
using SET IDENTITY INSERT ON
CREATE TABLE #Temp(ID INT IDENTITY, EmpName VARCHAR(255))
SET IDENTITY_INSERT #Temp ON
INSERT INTO #Temp(ID, EmpName)
Values(10, 'Alwyn Duraisingh.M')
SET IDENTITY_INSERT #Temp OFF
How to insert value into an IdentityInsert column in Sql Server?
SET IDENTITY_INSERT ON;
What precautions should be taken while using dealing with insert, update, delete statement?
1) Always use update and delete statement in transaction i.e by using explicit commit.
2)Before executing update and delete statement, first create them on the basis of select satement.
3)Finally before executing the update and delete query on the production server always keep habit to execute it on the non-production server.
What are the things we have to follow when switching from the SIMPLE recovery model to the FULL or BULK-LOGGED recovery model ?
1. Once we complete the switching to the FULL or BULK-LOGGED recovery model, we have to take a full or differential database backup to start the log chain.
2. Then only it takes effect after the first data backup.
3. Schedule regular log backups and update your restore plan accordingly to maintain high-availability/Disaster recovery
What are the things we have to follow when swithing from FULL or BULK-LOGGED to SIMPLE recovery model ?
1. Before switching from FULL or BULK-LOGGED recovery model, We have to take LOG Backup immediately before switching to SIMPLE.
2. It will help us to recover Point-In-Time(If any)
3. Finally, we can switch to SIMPLE recovery model.
Can we insert data into a View in Sql Server?
Yes. Use INSTEAD OF Trigger on Views and achieve insert or update
How to insert records in a table using records from existing table ?
insert into TableName (field1,field2,field3)
select colA,colB,colC from OtherTable
How to insert single quote at the start and end of every column in excel sheet.
use the below formula in the result column like belwo-
Suppose in A2 you have 500 and in B2 you want '500' then do the following-
How to insert filter on various LIST webparts by using HTML FORM webpart in SharePoint 2010?
To insert a filter on List webpart by HTML Form webpart in SharePoint 2010,
1. Insert a HTML Form editor webpart on the same page where we have list that we want to filter.
2. Point to HTML webpart, click the 'down arrow', click 'connections' and point to 'Provide form value to' option.
3. Click the name of the webpart to which we want filter
4. In the 'Choose Connection' dialog box and click the 'Configure Connection' tab.
5. In the 'Form Connection Type' menu, select the field that matches the information from the HTML Form webpart
6. Click Finish.
Quick Links For Interview Questions Categories:
Find questions, FAQ's and their answers related to .NET, C#, Vb.Net, Sql Server and many more.
Now you can find lots of .NET, C#, Vb.Net, SQL Server,Windows, ASP.Net related Questions and their Answers here at www.dotnetspark.com. Our aim is to help you pass your certification Exams (MCP, MCSD, MCAD etc.,) with flying scores and get good name in your company.
So, Start looking our
section daily and improve your .NET Skills. You can also help others by posting Interview Questions and their Answers in this section.
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend