Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Interview Questions
Posted By :
Posted Date :
March 31, 2010
1. Used in devices which are connected using Ethernet technology.
2. Two types of Ethernet network card - Wired and wireless.
3. The choice depends on type of network used.
You can also find related Interview Question to
1. Defined by IEEE as the 802.3 standard.
2. Most widely adapted LAN technology.
3. Supports data transfer rates of 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps and 1 Gbps.
Three data rates currently defined for the operation over optical fiber and twisted-pair cables.
10 Mbps - 10Base-T Ethernet
100 Mbps - Fast Ethernet
1000 Mbps - Gigabit Ethernet
Working of Ethernet?
1. Ethernet frame is used to transfer data over a network.
2. Each device in an Ethernet network is uniquely identified by a 48 bit (6 bytes) address called Ethernet address.
3. Ethernet addresses are represented as six pairs of hexadecimal digits separated by a colon.
Elements of Ethernet System ?
2. Set of Medium Access Control Rules
3. Ethernet frame
Types of Ethernet?
Features of Advanced Ethernet?
1. Advanced Ethernet would use a physical star to match the robustness of Token ring.
2. It would not use more expensive coaxial cables and adopt inexpensive UTP cabling.
3. It would use the same frame types and speeds of the older Ethernets so that new Ethernets will be compatible with older ones.
Alternatives to Ethernet ?
1. Sometimes it is impossible to run Ethernet cabling so "no new wire" networking technologies can be used.
2. In alternatives to Ethernet two or more computers can be connected into a LAN without running a wire.
3. Three networking technologies are:
Phone line networks
Power line networks
Network Interface Card (NIC)?
1. Hardware device used to connect different computers on Network.
2. Serves as a link for sending and receiving data on a network .
3. MAC address is address assigned by IEEE to identify network card.
Types of Ethernet Cards?
10Base-5 (Thicknet) NIC
Token Ring Card
1. Used to connect to a token ring network.
2. Assigned a MAC address by IEEE.
3. Maximum of two token ring cards can be installed at any node.
4. Consists of 9 pin DIN type connector which connects card to network cable.
Quick Links For Interview Questions Categories:
Find questions, FAQ's and their answers related to .NET, C#, Vb.Net, Sql Server and many more.
Now you can find lots of .NET, C#, Vb.Net, SQL Server,Windows, ASP.Net related Questions and their Answers here at www.dotnetspark.com. Our aim is to help you pass your certification Exams (MCP, MCSD, MCAD etc.,) with flying scores and get good name in your company.
So, Start looking our
section daily and improve your .NET Skills. You can also help others by posting Interview Questions and their Answers in this section.
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend