Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Interview Questions
ARCNET - Cables?
Posted By :
Posted Date :
March 31, 2010
1. Coaxial Cable - Inexpensive and provide high propagation factor.
2. Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) - Twisted pair cables are easy to terminate .
3. Fiber Optic - Lower propagation factor than coaxial cable.
You can also find related Interview Question to
ARCNET - Cables?
Characteristics of Cables?
1. Segment Length - Length of single wire.
2. Attenuation - Indicates loss of signal.
3. Bandwidth - Amount of data carried by cable.
4. Number of Segments - Maximum number of segments in network.
5. Cost - Copper cables are cheapest, fiber optic cables are expensive.
6. Interference susceptibility and crosstalk - Defines concept of electronic interference on cables
Types of cables?
1. Coaxial cable.
2. Twisted pair cables.
Note: Copper medium is the cheapest mode of data transfer.
Twisted Pair Cables?
A pair of cables twisted around each other forms a twisted pair cable.
Types of Twisted Pair cables:-
1. Unshielded Twisted Pair.
2. Shielded Twisted pair.
1. Pair of unshielded wires wound around each other.
2. Easily gets affected by EMI, RFI and crosstalk.
3. Cable offers resistance of 50 ohms.
4. Maximum segment length is 100 meters.
1. Pair of wires wound around each other is placed inside shield.
2. Better protection from EMI, RFI and crosstalk as compared to UTP.
3. Offers resistance of 50 ohms.
4. Maximum segment length of 100 meters.
1. Attached Resource Computer NETwork (ARCNET)
2. First LAN system introduced by Datapoint Corporation
3. Uses a Token Passing bus structure similar to Token Ring
4. Logical structure is always a bus
5. 255 nodes per network and supports speed up to 20 Mbps
6. supports segment lengths up to 600 meters
ARCNET - Devices ?
1. Active Hub - Splits and amplifies the signal, isolates the port electrically.
2. Passive Hub - Splits signals .
3. ARCNET Card - Different types of network interface card (NIC) can be used depending upon the type of network topology .
4. BNC Terminator - Prevent signal reflection in network .
Quick Links For Interview Questions Categories:
Find questions, FAQ's and their answers related to .NET, C#, Vb.Net, Sql Server and many more.
Now you can find lots of .NET, C#, Vb.Net, SQL Server,Windows, ASP.Net related Questions and their Answers here at www.dotnetspark.com. Our aim is to help you pass your certification Exams (MCP, MCSD, MCAD etc.,) with flying scores and get good name in your company.
So, Start looking our
section daily and improve your .NET Skills. You can also help others by posting Interview Questions and their Answers in this section.
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend