Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Interview Questions
Posted By :
Posted Date :
March 31, 2010
1. Single-Attached Station - Connected through a single connector called S-port.
2. Dual-Attached Station - Connected through A-port and B-port .
You can also find related Interview Question to
Fiber Distributed Data Interface(FDDI)?
Provides high performance and multiple stations networking
Widely used in Metropolitan Area network
Based on token ring architecture
1. Single-Attached Concentrator - Connected to the FDDI network through a single connector.
2. Dual-Attached Concentrator - Connected to the FDDI network through A-port and B-port.
FDDI - Devices?
1. The connectors used in FDDI are unique .
2. Every FDDI device requires two connectors to support two rings .
3. Using fiber optic cabling, FDDI segments could reach up to two kilometers between systems, with a maximum ring size of 100 kilometers .
FDDI - Failure Recovery ?
1. Wrapping Process - Modify the structure of the network to recover from failure.
(A)Recovers network connectivity on failure of FDDI station .
(B)Recovers network connectivity on failure of cables between any two FDDI stations.
2. Optical Bypass switch - Maintain the network connectivity by providing an optical connection that bypasses the failed station
Quick Links For Interview Questions Categories:
Find questions, FAQ's and their answers related to .NET, C#, Vb.Net, Sql Server and many more.
Now you can find lots of .NET, C#, Vb.Net, SQL Server,Windows, ASP.Net related Questions and their Answers here at www.dotnetspark.com. Our aim is to help you pass your certification Exams (MCP, MCSD, MCAD etc.,) with flying scores and get good name in your company.
So, Start looking our
section daily and improve your .NET Skills. You can also help others by posting Interview Questions and their Answers in this section.
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend