Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Interview Questions
Fiber Optic Medium?
Posted By :
Posted Date :
March 26, 2010
1. Consists of centre glass core surrounded by cladding.
2. Electrical signals are converted into light signals.
3. A phenomenon called as total internal reflection is used for transmission.
4. LED or laser is used to transmit signal
You can also find related Interview Question to
Fiber Optic Medium?
Fiber Optic Cable Characteristics?
1. Bandwidth - Carries large amount of data ranging from 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps.
2. Segment Length - Transmits data signals over larger distance.
3. Interference - No electric signals pass through these types of cables thus providing security.
Fiber Optic Cable Types?
Fiber optic cables can carry signals in a single direction.
Fiber Optic Cable Types:-
1. Single Mode.
2. Multi mode.
Single Mode Fiber Optic cable?
1. A type of cable that has only a single strand of glass fiber with a thin diameter.
2. Fiber optic cables that use lasers are known as single mode cable.
Multi Mode Fiber Optic cable?
1. A type of cable that contains a glass fiber with a larger diameter.
2. It is a 62.5/125 micrometer fiber cable.
Fiber Optic Cable Connectors?
1. Straight Tip (ST) - Joins individual fibers to optical devices.
2. Subscriber Connector (SC) - Attaches two fibers to send and receive signals.
3. Medium Interface Connector (MIC) - Joins fiber to FDDI controller.
4. Sub Miniature Type A (SMA) - Uses individual connectors for each fiber stand.
5. Fiber Jack - Attaches two fibers in snap lock connector.
Can we set priority (High, Medium, Low) of the mail sent via ASP.NET?
1. Unguided form of transmission medium .
2. Transmitters and receivers are used to send and receive signals.
3. Involves use of electromagnetic waves such as microwave, infrared, radio waves etc.
4. Wireless medium is useful in connecting large geographical areas
1. Uses different types of fiber optic cables for interconnection
2. Types of Fast Ethernet standards which use fiber optic cables:
(A)100BASE-FX - Uses two filaments of multi-mode optical fiber cable. Maximum cable length is 400m.
(B)100BASE-SX - Uses two filaments of multi-mode optical fiber cable. Maximum cable length is 300m
(C)100BASE-BX - Uses single-mode fiber optic cable.
(D)FDDI - Supports 100 Mbps data rate over fiber optic cables.
Fiber Distributed Data Interface(FDDI)?
Provides high performance and multiple stations networking
Widely used in Metropolitan Area network
Based on token ring architecture
Quick Links For Interview Questions Categories:
Find questions, FAQ's and their answers related to .NET, C#, Vb.Net, Sql Server and many more.
Now you can find lots of .NET, C#, Vb.Net, SQL Server,Windows, ASP.Net related Questions and their Answers here at www.dotnetspark.com. Our aim is to help you pass your certification Exams (MCP, MCSD, MCAD etc.,) with flying scores and get good name in your company.
So, Start looking our
section daily and improve your .NET Skills. You can also help others by posting Interview Questions and their Answers in this section.
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend