Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Interview Questions
Twisted Pair Cables?
Posted By :
Posted Date :
March 26, 2010
A pair of cables twisted around each other forms a twisted pair cable.
Types of Twisted Pair cables:-
1. Unshielded Twisted Pair.
2. Shielded Twisted pair.
You can also find related Interview Question to
Twisted Pair Cables?
How to create Key Pair?
You can create a key pair using the Strong Name tool (Sn.exe). Key pair files usually have an .snk extension. To create a key pair at the command prompt, type the following command:
In this command, file name is the name of the output file containing the key pair. The following example creates a key pair called myKey.snk.
sn -k myKey.snk
Characteristics of Cables?
1. Segment Length - Length of single wire.
2. Attenuation - Indicates loss of signal.
3. Bandwidth - Amount of data carried by cable.
4. Number of Segments - Maximum number of segments in network.
5. Cost - Copper cables are cheapest, fiber optic cables are expensive.
6. Interference susceptibility and crosstalk - Defines concept of electronic interference on cables
Types of cables?
1. Coaxial cable.
2. Twisted pair cables.
Note: Copper medium is the cheapest mode of data transfer.
1. Pair of unshielded wires wound around each other.
2. Easily gets affected by EMI, RFI and crosstalk.
3. Cable offers resistance of 50 ohms.
4. Maximum segment length is 100 meters.
1. Pair of wires wound around each other is placed inside shield.
2. Better protection from EMI, RFI and crosstalk as compared to UTP.
3. Offers resistance of 50 ohms.
4. Maximum segment length of 100 meters.
ARCNET - Cables?
1. Coaxial Cable - Inexpensive and provide high propagation factor.
2. Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) - Twisted pair cables are easy to terminate .
3. Fiber Optic - Lower propagation factor than coaxial cable.
A person has 14 red socks and 14 white socks in a drawer. What is the minimum number of socks that he should take to get a correct pair?
This is a classic probability puzzle and many puzzles are based on this logic. If the person picks up two socks then there is a possibility of them being different in colour. If he picks up three socks then they are guaranteed red or white. So the minimum number of socks required are three (3).
Quick Links For Interview Questions Categories:
Find questions, FAQ's and their answers related to .NET, C#, Vb.Net, Sql Server and many more.
Now you can find lots of .NET, C#, Vb.Net, SQL Server,Windows, ASP.Net related Questions and their Answers here at www.dotnetspark.com. Our aim is to help you pass your certification Exams (MCP, MCSD, MCAD etc.,) with flying scores and get good name in your company.
So, Start looking our
section daily and improve your .NET Skills. You can also help others by posting Interview Questions and their Answers in this section.
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend