Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Interview Questions
Disadvantages of Hybrid Topology?
Posted By :
Posted Date :
March 24, 2010
1. Installation and configuration is difficult.
2. More expensive than other topologies.
3. More cabling is required.
You can also find related Interview Question to
Disadvantages of Hybrid Topology?
1. Combines two or more different physical topologies.
2. Commonly Star-Bus or Star-Ring.
3. Star-Ring uses Multistation Access Unit (MAU).
Advantages of Hybrid Topology?
1. Used for creating larger networks.
2. Handles large volume of traffic.
3. Fault detection is easy.
What are the disadvantages of AJAX?
The disadvantages are:
b)Dynamically created pages created by ajax does not support back button which takes the user to the previous pages.
What are the disadvantages of viewstate/what are the benefits?
1)Performance can be reduced. becuse the viewstate is stored in the page itself, storing large values can cause the page to slowdown.It can carry only up to 10 KB of data very easily without causing any degraded perfomance.
2) As view state is stored in a hidden field on the page although it stores data in a hashed base64 encoded format, it can be tampered.
1) No server resources are required
2) simple Implementation
3) Automatic retention of page & view state
Disadvantages of LAN?
1. Limited number of systems can only be connected
2. Cannot cover large area
3. Network performance degrades as number of users exceeds
Single Node Topology ?
1. Single device, at times device called dumb terminal is connected to the server
2. Devices operates on files from server and returns them back after completing task
Advantage of Single Node Topology?
1. Easy to install, configure and manage
2. Least expensive
3. Single cable is required
Disadvantage of Single Node Topology?
1. Network consists of single device
2. Dumb terminal is dependent on server
1. All devices are connected to a common cable called trunk.
2. Maximum segment length of cable is 200 m.
3. Maximum of 30 devices per segment.
4. Server is at one end and devices are at different positions.
5. 50 ohm terminator is used.
6. Devices are not responsible for data transmission.
7. Number of collisions are more.
8. Daisy chain method can be used to add more devices.
Advantage of Bus topology?
1. Installation of devices is easy
2. Requires less cable compared to star topology
3. Less expensive and works better for smaller networks
Disadvantage Bus topology?
1. If backbone breaks, entire network gets down
2. Difficult to isolate problems
3. Limited number of devices
1. Each device is connected to a central device called hub through cable.
2. Data passes through hub before reaching destination
Advantage Star Topology?
1. Easy to install, configure, manage and expand
2. Centralized management
3. Addition or removal of device does not affect the whole network
Disadvantage Star Topology?
1. Requires more cable .
2. Failure of hub affects entire network.
3. More Expensive.
Quick Links For Interview Questions Categories:
Find questions, FAQ's and their answers related to .NET, C#, Vb.Net, Sql Server and many more.
Now you can find lots of .NET, C#, Vb.Net, SQL Server,Windows, ASP.Net related Questions and their Answers here at www.dotnetspark.com. Our aim is to help you pass your certification Exams (MCP, MCSD, MCAD etc.,) with flying scores and get good name in your company.
So, Start looking our
section daily and improve your .NET Skills. You can also help others by posting Interview Questions and their Answers in this section.
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend