Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Interview Questions
Disadvantage of Ring Topology?
Posted By :
Posted Date :
March 16, 2010
1. More cabling is required compared to bus.
2. One faulty device affects the entire network.
3. Addition of devices affect network.
You can also find related Interview Question to
Disadvantage of Ring Topology?
Disadvantage of Single Node Topology?
1. Network consists of single device
2. Dumb terminal is dependent on server
Disadvantage Bus topology?
1. If backbone breaks, entire network gets down
2. Difficult to isolate problems
3. Limited number of devices
Disadvantage Star Topology?
1. Requires more cable .
2. Failure of hub affects entire network.
3. More Expensive.
1. Devices are connected in a closed loop.
2. All devices have equal access to media.
3. Device waits for its turn to transmit.
4. Most common type is Token Ring.
Advantage of Ring Topology?
1. Data travels at greater speed.
2. No collisions.
3. Handles large volume of traffic.
Dual Ring Topology?
1. Consists of two independent primary and secondary rings.
2. Secondary ring is redundant, used only when primary stops functioning.
Disadvantage of Mesh Topology?
1. Difficult to install and manage.
2. Each link from one device to other requires individual NIC.
3. Very much expensive.
Disadvantage in File Processing System?
1.Data redundancy & inconsistency.
2.Difficult in accessing data.
5.Concurrent access is not possible.
Disadvantage of Cursor ?
Cursor plays there row quite nicely but although there are some disadvantage of Cursor .Because cursor doing roundtrip it will make network line busy and also make time consuming methods. First of all select query gernate output and after that cursor goes one by one so roundtrip happen.
Another disadvange of cursor are ther are too costly because they require lot of resources and temporary storage so network is quite busy.
Explain the disadvantage of ajax related to browser integration?
Dynamically created pages created by ajax does not support back button which takes the user to the previous pages. There are various solutions to this problem out of which one solution is to use iframes. Also users can bookmark a certain application in its state. User can maintain the applications as the state of the application changes
What is the main disadvantage of using IIS to host a service?
Using IIS to host your services means that you will not be able to support non-HTTP protocols such as TCP, named pipes, and MSMQ. You will have access to the many built-in features available with IIS such as process recycling and messagebased
Single Node Topology ?
1. Single device, at times device called dumb terminal is connected to the server
2. Devices operates on files from server and returns them back after completing task
Advantage of Single Node Topology?
1. Easy to install, configure and manage
2. Least expensive
3. Single cable is required
1. All devices are connected to a common cable called trunk.
2. Maximum segment length of cable is 200 m.
3. Maximum of 30 devices per segment.
4. Server is at one end and devices are at different positions.
5. 50 ohm terminator is used.
6. Devices are not responsible for data transmission.
7. Number of collisions are more.
8. Daisy chain method can be used to add more devices.
Quick Links For Interview Questions Categories:
Find questions, FAQ's and their answers related to .NET, C#, Vb.Net, Sql Server and many more.
Now you can find lots of .NET, C#, Vb.Net, SQL Server,Windows, ASP.Net related Questions and their Answers here at www.dotnetspark.com. Our aim is to help you pass your certification Exams (MCP, MCSD, MCAD etc.,) with flying scores and get good name in your company.
So, Start looking our
section daily and improve your .NET Skills. You can also help others by posting Interview Questions and their Answers in this section.
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend