Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Interview Questions
Advantage of Ring Topology?
Posted By :
Posted Date :
March 16, 2010
1. Data travels at greater speed.
2. No collisions.
3. Handles large volume of traffic.
You can also find related Interview Question to
Advantage of Ring Topology?
Advantage of Single Node Topology?
1. Easy to install, configure and manage
2. Least expensive
3. Single cable is required
Advantage of Bus topology?
1. Installation of devices is easy
2. Requires less cable compared to star topology
3. Less expensive and works better for smaller networks
Advantage Star Topology?
1. Easy to install, configure, manage and expand
2. Centralized management
3. Addition or removal of device does not affect the whole network
1. Devices are connected in a closed loop.
2. All devices have equal access to media.
3. Device waits for its turn to transmit.
4. Most common type is Token Ring.
Disadvantage of Ring Topology?
1. More cabling is required compared to bus.
2. One faulty device affects the entire network.
3. Addition of devices affect network.
Dual Ring Topology?
1. Consists of two independent primary and secondary rings.
2. Secondary ring is redundant, used only when primary stops functioning.
Advantage of Mesh Topology?
1. Improves fault tolerance.
2. Failure of one link does not affect entire network.
3. Centralized management is not required.
Advantage of Tree Topology?
1. Easy to add new devices.
2. Point-to-point wiring for each device.
3. Fault detection is easy.
What's the advantage of using System.Text.StringBuilder over System.String?
StringBuilder is more efficient in the cases, where a lot of manipulation is done to the text. Strings are immutable, so each time it's being operated on, a new instance is created.
What is the advantage of specifying WITH GRANT OPTION in the GRANT command?
The privilege receiver can further grant the privileges he/she has obtained from the owner to any other user.
Single Node Topology ?
1. Single device, at times device called dumb terminal is connected to the server
2. Devices operates on files from server and returns them back after completing task
Disadvantage of Single Node Topology?
1. Network consists of single device
2. Dumb terminal is dependent on server
1. All devices are connected to a common cable called trunk.
2. Maximum segment length of cable is 200 m.
3. Maximum of 30 devices per segment.
4. Server is at one end and devices are at different positions.
5. 50 ohm terminator is used.
6. Devices are not responsible for data transmission.
7. Number of collisions are more.
8. Daisy chain method can be used to add more devices.
Disadvantage Bus topology?
1. If backbone breaks, entire network gets down
2. Difficult to isolate problems
3. Limited number of devices
Quick Links For Interview Questions Categories:
Find questions, FAQ's and their answers related to .NET, C#, Vb.Net, Sql Server and many more.
Now you can find lots of .NET, C#, Vb.Net, SQL Server,Windows, ASP.Net related Questions and their Answers here at www.dotnetspark.com. Our aim is to help you pass your certification Exams (MCP, MCSD, MCAD etc.,) with flying scores and get good name in your company.
So, Start looking our
section daily and improve your .NET Skills. You can also help others by posting Interview Questions and their Answers in this section.
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend