Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Interview Questions
Posted By :
Posted Date :
March 16, 2010
1. Devices are connected in a closed loop.
2. All devices have equal access to media.
3. Device waits for its turn to transmit.
4. Most common type is Token Ring.
You can also find related Interview Question to
Advantage of Ring Topology?
1. Data travels at greater speed.
2. No collisions.
3. Handles large volume of traffic.
Disadvantage of Ring Topology?
1. More cabling is required compared to bus.
2. One faulty device affects the entire network.
3. Addition of devices affect network.
Dual Ring Topology?
1. Consists of two independent primary and secondary rings.
2. Secondary ring is redundant, used only when primary stops functioning.
Single Node Topology ?
1. Single device, at times device called dumb terminal is connected to the server
2. Devices operates on files from server and returns them back after completing task
Advantage of Single Node Topology?
1. Easy to install, configure and manage
2. Least expensive
3. Single cable is required
Disadvantage of Single Node Topology?
1. Network consists of single device
2. Dumb terminal is dependent on server
1. All devices are connected to a common cable called trunk.
2. Maximum segment length of cable is 200 m.
3. Maximum of 30 devices per segment.
4. Server is at one end and devices are at different positions.
5. 50 ohm terminator is used.
6. Devices are not responsible for data transmission.
7. Number of collisions are more.
8. Daisy chain method can be used to add more devices.
Advantage of Bus topology?
1. Installation of devices is easy
2. Requires less cable compared to star topology
3. Less expensive and works better for smaller networks
Disadvantage Bus topology?
1. If backbone breaks, entire network gets down
2. Difficult to isolate problems
3. Limited number of devices
1. Each device is connected to a central device called hub through cable.
2. Data passes through hub before reaching destination
Advantage Star Topology?
1. Easy to install, configure, manage and expand
2. Centralized management
3. Addition or removal of device does not affect the whole network
Disadvantage Star Topology?
1. Requires more cable .
2. Failure of hub affects entire network.
3. More Expensive.
1. Used in WANs to interconnect LANs.
2. Every device is connected to every other device.
3. Use routers to determine the best path of communication.
Type of Mesh Topology?
1. Full mesh topology - All devices are connected to each other.
2. Partial mesh topology - Some devices are connected to only those with whom they exchange most of the data.
Quick Links For Interview Questions Categories:
Find questions, FAQ's and their answers related to .NET, C#, Vb.Net, Sql Server and many more.
Now you can find lots of .NET, C#, Vb.Net, SQL Server,Windows, ASP.Net related Questions and their Answers here at www.dotnetspark.com. Our aim is to help you pass your certification Exams (MCP, MCSD, MCAD etc.,) with flying scores and get good name in your company.
So, Start looking our
section daily and improve your .NET Skills. You can also help others by posting Interview Questions and their Answers in this section.
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend