Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Interview Questions
Campus Area Network (CAN)?
Posted By :
Posted Date :
March 11, 2010
1. Made up of multiple LANs within limited area
2. Connects different LANs in a campus
You can also find related Interview Question to
Campus Area Network (CAN)?
Local Area Network (LAN)?
1. Covers a small area
2. Connects computers and workstations covering a local area like, office or home
Metropolitan Area Network?
1. Interconnects networks within a city
2. Supports data and voice transmission
Wide Area Network?
Covers a wide geographical area which includes multiple computers or LANs e.g. Internet
What are the major data structures used in RDBMS, Network data model & Hierarchical data model.
RDBMS - Array (i.e. Array of structures)
Network data model - Graph
Hierarchical data model - Trees
What do you mean by network communication standards?
Network communication standards are certain rules and specifications framed by standard organisations for manufacturing network hardware and developing network software.
Major communication standards have been formed by the organisations like ISO, IEEE etc.
In an IP address can a network ID be 127?
No, a network ID can't be 127. Because 127 is not assigned to any IP address classes. It is reserved.
What is datagram in a TCP/IP network?
At the network layer of TCP/IP model the data unit created is called the datagram.
1.Interconnection of two or more computers and peripherals
2.Allows user to share and transfer information
Network Selection Criteria?
Helps to improve network functionality:
Various Network layer?
1. LAN types are Ethernet, Token Ring, Token bus and Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI).
2. OSI layers are Physical, Data Link, Network, Transport, Session, Presentation and Application layer
3. The factors of network selection criteria are Performance, Reliability and Security
4. Standards organization is unit which develops, maintains, improves, amends and revises standards
Extending the network ?
1. A computer network can be extended using repeaters, hubs and bridges.
2. In computer networks, a bridge is an Internetworking device.
3. Repeater regenerates signal.
4. Repeaters remove the unwanted noise in an incoming signal.
5. A hub is a multi port repeater which provides a common point for the connection of network devices.
AppleTalk - Network Components ?
1. Sockets - Location in AppleTalk node which is recognized by a unique address.
2. Nodes - Device which is a part of an AppleTalk network e.g. computer, printer or router .
3. Networks - Consists of a cable with multiple nodes connected to the cable .
4. Zones - Constitutes a group of nodes and network which are logically associated .
AppleTalk - Network Address ?
1. AppleTalk uses addressing to identify and recognize every device on a network similar to other common protocols .
2. Address is broadcast to all other nodes to determine whether it has been already utilized.
3. Fields in AppleTalk network address:
Network Interface Card (NIC)?
1. Hardware device used to connect different computers on Network.
2. Serves as a link for sending and receiving data on a network .
3. MAC address is address assigned by IEEE to identify network card.
Quick Links For Interview Questions Categories:
Find questions, FAQ's and their answers related to .NET, C#, Vb.Net, Sql Server and many more.
Now you can find lots of .NET, C#, Vb.Net, SQL Server,Windows, ASP.Net related Questions and their Answers here at www.dotnetspark.com. Our aim is to help you pass your certification Exams (MCP, MCSD, MCAD etc.,) with flying scores and get good name in your company.
So, Start looking our
section daily and improve your .NET Skills. You can also help others by posting Interview Questions and their Answers in this section.
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend