I have setup a test SharePoint 2010 Farm. I will be using this as a test upgrade of a current live SharePoint 2007 Farm. The database attach method will be used.
I have replicated the web application and AAM settings of the SharePoint 2007 Farm to the SharePoint 2010 Farm and have made the 2010 Farm a DC in a new Forest. I don't want to join this to the current domain at the moment. It also has SQL server 2005 with
SP3 and cumulative update 3 installed.
I have just setup the User Profiles Serice Application and when I go to Manage it, I get this.
An unexpected error has occurred.
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: a1760e87-372f-4711-afac-3ceba34bc599
Date and Time: 8/31/2010 4:22:56 PM
I have verified and configured the following.
Created the Managed Metadata Service. The status is started via Service Applications and Services on Server.
Created the User Profiles Service Application and ensured status is started via Service Applications. I started the User Profile Service and User Profile Synchronisation Service via Manage Services on Server.
View Complete Post