I'm noticing 2 errors in my crawl logs. Neither of the files exist anywhere on our site. The URLs are
http://.../forms/combine.aspx and the error message is 'Error in the Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Protocol Handler'. Our crawl normally takes about 3 and a half hours. Recently, it's been taking 5-6 hours. These 2 errors are logged at the end of
While the crawl is running, I see the success count growing and at about 3 and a half hours into the process, the success count stops growing. I'm not sure what the crawl is doing for the next 2 or so hours, but if finally logs the 2 errors mentioned earlier
at the end of the crawl, then completes.
I have tried resetting the crawled content and changing the index location of the SSP, but neither have worked. I have also tried excluding the path to these two files with crawl rules, but that hasn't worked. I am on SharePoint 2007 SP2.
View Complete Post