I'm running VS2010 with .net 4.0, and am running into issues with the .net ajax script tags mysteriously not being rendered to the browser.
So far I've reduced it to a scenario where I set the DataSourceID property of a databound control. More specifically, I've only tested it on a Gridview and a DropDownList.
This can be reproduced fairly easily on my machine by following these steps:
1. Create a new empty Web Application Project
2. Create a new Web Form
3. Add a ScriptManager inside the form
4. Add a DropDownList and a DataSource (I used an ObjectDataSource)
5. Set the DataSourceID property of the DropDownList to the ID of the DataSource. This can be done either declaratively on the .aspx page, or in the code behind in the aspx.cs page, and both produce the same results.
Here's my source code showing my set up:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="ScriptResourceFAIL.Default" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 T
View Complete Post