Here's the scenario:
On the server: (Windows 2003, sql server 2005 sp 3)
1. named server is running on port 1433
2. all protocols except VIA is enabled
3. Remote Connections is enabled for both tcp and named pipes on surface area configuration
4. SQL Browser is running
5. Windows Firewall is disabled
6. Network firewall has allowed TCP traffic to port 1433, one way.
7. can ping the client
8. Local Securty Policy to access this computer from the network is permitted to everyone
9. SQL User and windows user can login to the server
10. No login failed connections on the error logs
On the client: (WIndows XP sp2)
1. server can be ping
2. telnet server 1433 is successful
3. NSlookup can resolve server name
4. System DSN and USer DSN using SQL Server driver works to other servers
Creating a DSN to the server results to
Connection Failed: SQL State 01000'
SQL Server Error: 53
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL DRIVER] [DBNETLIB] CONNECTION.OPEN(CONNECT()). CONNECTION FAILED
SQL STATE '08001'
SQL SERVER ERROR 17
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL DRIVER] [DBNETLIB]Server Does not Exists or access is denied.
What am I Missing here?
View Complete Post