I have written a 32-bit SQLCLR routine that uses the 10.2g Oracle.DataAccess library to draw Oracle data through SQLServer queries. (This tool was necessary due to issues we had with the Oracle native client). This has been in place and working without issue
for about two years. This tool required the independent registration of about six (?) other system assemblies, which worked without incident (various warnings about using unsupported assemblies aside). We use permission_set = unsafe for all these DLL's.
We are now in the process of migrating this tool to the newer 64-bit version of SQL Server 2008 on our Windows 2008 Server R2, and we have a problem. We took our list of base assemblies from the 32-bit installation and registered them against the
Framework64 version of the same DLL's on the SQL Server 2008 box, and that step worked. We found that the Oracle.DataAccess library we had could not be registered in the 64-bit SQL Server because it was an x86-specific version. We then discovered
that the 64-bit version of the Oracle.DataAccess library was available only in the 10.2.0.4 update patchset, which we obtained and installed. Unfortunately, adding the assembly now fails:
When I attempt the CreateAssembly on the 64-bit Oracle.DataAccess.dll within the 64-bit instance of SQL Server, I now receive a new error, to-wit:
View Complete Post