Platform: Windows 7 install, no upgrade
Installed Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate from MSDN
On this install Sql Server Express did not install correctly. Found this out when I tried to create a new project and add a new data item that connected to an ado.net data entity.
I cleaned off all references to SQL Server express. No management tool or other items were installed. I had to delete the services out of the registry to get rid of them. I also cleaned items out of installed folders and
deleleted folders to create clean install.
Downloaded the latest Sql Server 2008 R2 install from Microsoft. Followed the wizzard steps and get to where I view the security account info. Left everything as default. When I click next "Server Configuration"
step, the new wizzard screen comes up and it goes into a "not responding" state.
I have spent 8 hour trying different combinations and get the same results. I don't really seen any error or logs to help. I do see one event in the log but may be totally unrelated. It contains the following:
Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: A required c
View Complete Post