Hi, I've tried an UpGrade from 9.3.4294 (2005 SP3 PatchSet 9) to 10.50.1600.1.
The setup failed by execution of 'sqlagent100_msdb_upgrade.sql' with error code 574.
I found the following KB articele http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960781 and this blog http://blogs.msdn.com/b/psssql/archive/2008/09/10/upgrade-for-sql-server-2008-can-fail-if-you-have-renamed-the-sa-account.aspx.
I could start the service and execute the proposed statement to my named instance as followes:
...\Binn\sqlservr.exe" -sSAPQPT -c -f -T 3608
<-- message if sqlcmd is active:
2011-05-20 16:13:46.88 spid51 Starting up database 'QPT'.
2011-05-20 16:13:47.89 spid51 CHECKDB for database 'QPT' finished without e
rrors on 2011-05-15 09:00:06.870 (local time). This is an informational message
only; no user action is required.
sqlcmd -S tpzsqp01\SAPQPT -E -A -Q"alter login <sys-admin> with name = sa"
<-- this gives no feedback to the console...
After this I've used the Repair function of the SQL 2008 setup, but it failed on the same scipt 'sqlagent100_msdb_upgrade.sql'.
I've also tried to change the sa password
sqlcmd -S tpzsqp01\SAPQPT -E -A -Q"ALTER LOGIN sa WITH PASS
View Complete Post