- Set up the Distributer – database and share – one time setup
- Set up Publisher on source server - Don’t use either checkbox for snapshot.
- Enable the flag under the Publication properties to allow “initialize from backup”.
- Disable the distribution cleanup agents. Make a Full backup of the database. Keep a local copy as you'll need it later.
- Copy database to other site. Restore database with the same name
- Create pull subscription on the destination server. Check status – Replication monitor -> drill down to publisher ,“View details on the subscription on the right to get a status report After it’s done synching up, turn off the “initialize
from backup” flag or else the cache it keeps will never shrink. And re-enable the distribution cleanup agents.
- TEST IT. Check the tables after synchronization and then check again after new transactions have been sent.
in 4th step
Keep a local copy of backup as you'll need it later.
View Complete Post