we have a major issue with deadlocking on our reporting Server TEMPDB (REPORTSERVERTEMPDB).
The platform is a Sharepoint Integrated platform allong the following lines
2 WFE Servers (NLB)
2 Sharepoint application servers
2 SQL Reporting Services (NLB)
Cluster hosting Sharepoint DB's
Cluster hosting Reporting Services DB's and the Data.
This error is occuring for both manually running reports via sharepoint and load testing, and is happening on our testing platform as well which is slightly different in configuration.
Reported back to the users is "An error occurred within the report server database. This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database"
Running a profile with 1224 set, we are finding deadlocks on the REPORTSERVERTEMPDB on PK_SNAPSHOTDATA. We have tried the following
1. Dropping the PK - The deadlock was then showing an OBJID which we could not identify.
2. Change the database properties to READ-COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT and ALLOW_SNAPSHOT_ISOLATION to ON
3. Re-create and change the PK to ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS OFF
None have these have had an impact on the issue
This has become apparent since the following actions were taken
1. The setting of caching has been enabled by the developers
2. The Report Server DB's were moved from the Sharepoint Cluster to the Data Cluster.
I do have an XDL file from Profiler but it is to
View Complete Post