I have a package whose control flow consisting of a single data flow task with multiple destinations continues to hang at random locations. The data flow task is fairly simple:
- One OLE DB source (one query of selecting about 10 fields from one table)
- 9 lookups that serve basically as left joins to capture which data "drops off" (does a row redirect on on lookup errors to an "error flow")
- Two destinations: one the captures all the data that doesn't drop off from the lookups, and another to capture the data that does drop off; these write to two tables unrelated to each other, and unrelated to any of the tables I'm reading from
I have tried the following:
- Changed one or both destinations from OLE DB to flat file -- still randomly hangs
- Removed both destinations altogether -- this always suceeds.
- Removed destination A and leave destination B -- this always succeeds
- Removed destination B and leave destination A -- this always succeeds
I took great care in making sure I get no warnings when the package runs, even resolving the unneeded column warnings, and the duplicate keys on all my lookups, but it still hangs.
However, once I give up and stop the package, the following error is thrown (among others that appear to be a byproduct of the root issue):
Error: 0xC02020C4 at Data Flow Task, OLE_SRC AP12 : The attempt to
View Complete Post