Dashboards were created using PerformancePoint dashboard designer and were published to SharePoint Development environment. A backup of Devl site collection was taken and restored in Production. The dashboards appear to open slower in Production (close
to a minute) than in Development (less than 5 secs) for the first time only. Subsequent response times are similar between Devl and Prod. The same code is executed in both
Diferences between the two environments:
1. Development uses disk drives whereas Prod uses SAN drive.
2. Though the architecture (mentioned below) is different between Devl and Prod, the memory of the SharePoint, BI servers is the same - 64GB.
Development environment: There are two servers in the farm:
1. Windows 2008 x64 R2 server Enterprise, SQL 2008 R2 Enterprise with SSIS and SSAS, DBMS.
2. Windows 2008 x64 R2 server Enterprise, Excel services, PerformancePoint service, SQL 2008 R2 with SSRS, SharePoint Server 2010.
Production environment: There are multiple servers in the farm:
1. Active/Passive SQL cluster with Windows 2008 x64 R2 server Enterprise, S
View Complete Post