A FTP Task in IS pkg is working fine when executed through BIDS in my Win XP machine ..but the same package is not working in Win 7/2008 machine.
FTP task fails with the error :
[FTP Task] Error: Unable to connect to FTP server using "FTPFolder.TempData.com".
Here are few facts about my troubleshooting :
1) From my XP machine... I am able to connect to the FTP Server using DOS Cmds but fails in 2008 machine saying "Unknown host"
I did :
2) I can view the files on the FTP server through a browser ( URL was given )on both the machines with no issues.
3) I created Port exception for 20 & 21 Ports for 2008 machine ...still no luck.
4) When I PING the FTP server --Cmd>PING FTPFolder.TempData.com
On XP Machine...though FTP Server Name is resolved to IP... I still receive "Request timed out."
On 2008 Machine ...the IP is not even resolved and error is thrown "Ping request could not find host FTPFolder.TempData.com. Please check the name and try again."
5) I am connecting to FTP Server from my Office machines.
I have searched all the threads on this FTP error topic and haven't found the apt thread..so I have opened a new one.
View Complete Post