I am looking at doing something for a client and want to make sure the correct licensing is put into place.
What i am looking at is two serers 1x WFE/App and 1x SQL Server.
On the SharePoint Farm we are wanting in two seperate site collections:
- internet.company.com - annonymous access
- intranet.company.com - internal only
My question is:
a) can i do this on one server (i know it may not be best practice)
b) what is the licensing requirements, for example:
- do we need to use Server 2008 R2 Web Edition as it will be running a web site to avoid extra CALs?
- do we need to use SQL Server Socket/CPU edition as it will be running a web site to avoid extra CALs?
- do i need to get server license for SharePoint Server 2010 Standard as well as SharePoint Server 2010 Standard for Internet Sites? I understand ill need say 50 CALs for employees accessing the intranet
View Complete Post