View Complete Post
We created an application that leverages on SPExport and SPImport.
We noticed that when we export/import site, the links on the word documents pointing to same application on the target site seems to get truncated url, the url parameters (ie ?param1=a¶m2=b) are truncated.
also the host header seems to get updated ie(http://my.shop.com/path1/path2 turns to like (http://hostheader/path1/path2) which is causing broken links.
need some help/advice/ suggestion.
Thanks a lot
The first time a document is opened it's fine, opens in just a few seconds.
Subsequently, there is a long delay (about 20 seconds) in the "Contacting server for information..." step.
This happens to all users and all documents, each one will open fast the first time then slowly the second and subsequent times (until, we think, the app pool is recycled - there is no schedules iisreset/reboot).
This does not happen when using Office 2007.
IE6 and 7 exhibit the same behaviour.
How can i stop the uesr to enter the offencive and restricted words in the sharepoint blog site ?
I would like to edit an existing Word document in sharepoint 2007 programmatically.
How can I do this ?
My scenario is:
Have SharePoint 2007 website through which we access our Word documents and currently use Word 2003 to open them. Users who edit documents use check-in and check-out and publish new versions as and when needed. Users who just use the documents
then access these as read only, but are able to make amendments to add names and addresses etc.
We're currently testing Office 2007 as the integration capabilities with SharePoint 2007 are much better, but we have found that users who access the documents as read only can no longer make ANY edits. The only way they can is to check out the document,
which they are not allowed to do as they are not editors. So basically we have documents created that users cannot use...
In addition, the Word documents we have stored on the SharePoint site have the DLCPolicyLabelValue field in the footer that links to the item properties in the Sharepoint list to provide the barcode value and current version number. Whilst ok in Word
2003, Word 2007 doesn't allow these fields to update.
In Word 2007 I'm able to include the Name and Date in which a user last saved a document by taking the following steps:
Click the Insert Tab -> Quick Parts -> Field, and then selecting
LastSavedBy and SaveDate respectively.
My problem is that the LastSavedBy name displayed is in the form of their username (first initial, lastname). I need to have it displayed as it is in the
Modified By column in SharePoint (full first name, last name).
My question is, how do I pull in the Modified By information from SharePoint into the Word document?
This question pertains to editing "Profile Services Policies" after creation. Can it be done programmatically?
When I open Central Admin and click my SSP I navigate to [User Profiles and My Sites]-->[Profile services policies].
On the Profile services policies page I have a list of profile properties to choose.
I want to edit one of the properties but I see this message: The name will be used programmatically for the property by the user profile service, while the display name is the label used when the property is shown. After the property is created the
only property setting you can change is the display name.
All I want to do is change the property to "Allow Multiple Values" but since I can't do this through central admin I want to know if I can do it programmatically (ie.. edit an xml file or something along that line)..
Thanks for any help!
Anyone ever had trouble with document properties that does not syncronize between a Word 2007 document and the SharePoint library where it is stored?
I have a SharePoint library, that contains two content types. When I upload a pdf file, and set the property values everything is perfect. When I create a Word document and set the Properties using the DIP, the values are stored in the Word document (I see
them in the DIP, inside the word xml files and in the fileds in the document where they are displayed (using quickparts)), but not transfered to SharePoint when I save the document to the library.
If I upload a Word document to the library, I am able to choose content type and set all the property values. But when I open the document for editing, all the property values in the DIP are empty. The DIP do show the correct property fields for that content
After creating new libraries, content types and creating, transfering and uploading files all day, I have not been able to locate what is causing this issue.
My users have been using this library for several months and use the documents on a daily basis, and this problem just got raised. My users are feeling scared that they have to recreate their library or site (which will involve manually updating
all the document properties ). I hope someone are able to