Hello Technet Community,
I have been building an ASP.NET Intranet Application with a MS SQL Server 2008 Express backend. Originally I had the app on a development server (Windows Server 2008) but I have moved the app over to a standard PC with Windows 7 Ultimate (as I want
to re-purpose the dev server into a Ubuntu File Server). I have installed the following onto my Win7 box:
- .Net 3.5 (latest patches) / .Net 4.x etc
- MS SQL Server 2008 Express
I have set up IIS to disable anonymous access and have enabled Windows Authentication. From an IIS standpoint I think everything is ok.
Where I am having a problem is as soon as I come to any page which attempts to connect to the DB it sits there and then shows my custom error page. Basically its not connecting. (It's supposed to be connecting through Windows Authentication on
the SQL Server)
I have tried:
- Adding the user I am logged in as; as a user which has db_reader and db_writer access to the applications database.
- I have tried opening up the SQL Server port on the Windows Firewall
What I think the problem is; is that the account under which the ASP.NET runs under is perhaps not added to the list of users with permission to access the database.
Which account does ASP.NET run on by defaul
View Complete Post