Anyone have some recommendations for a slow linked server from SQL 2005 to Oracle 10g?
Here is the situation.ÃÂ We have an application that runs on SQL 2005 - Win 2003, and in certain forms it makes calls to an Oracle 10g database running on Sun Unix.ÃÂ This database was upgraded from SQL 2000 Win 2000.ÃÂ We have a test system mirroring production and have the same problems.
- All indexes are being used.
- Server configuration is correct.
- Changed the Oracle 10g driver from the main driver to the Instant Client - much smaller but same result.
- Read an old post about same issue but the person was connecting to 8i so they were using a different driver.
- I have been running profiler and the problem seems to be a remote scan on the Oracle side.ÃÂ We are using the OPENQUERY call from the application.
- All other parts of the app are running fine, just the outside connection.
- We are using the Windows Firewall and all DCOM components are set as Microsoft recommends.ÃÂ I don't think this is an issue because the test server is not using Windows Firewall and we have the same issue on that server.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.ÃÂ I have run into the wall :-)
View Complete Post