Running SQL Server 2008, on Windows Server 2008.
I'm having a problem trying to execute a job. The job has executed successfully when I configure the SQL Agent account (domain account with sysadmin permissions in the instance) as the owner/executor of the job. However, I want to tighten down
security so I'm trying to use a proxy/credential.
Here are the steps I've followed:
1) create a non-privileged SQL account called "SQLJobOwner" that owns the job.
2) create a stored credential (domain account) that has an account on the local machine where the instance resides, and has "log on as batch" permissions.
3) created a login to the instance for the domain account that is stored as a credential, and granted sysadmin permissions to the account.
3) create a new proxy called "SSISProxy", and granted access to the SSIS subsystem.
4) Added job owner "SQLJobOwner" as a principal in the SSISProxy configuration window.
5) changed the job step that executes the SSIS package to "Run as" the "SSISProxy".
When I execute the job, the job fails with the following error:
Unable to start execution of step 1 (reason: Could not get proxy data for proxy_id = 1). The step failed.
In addition, I get
View Complete Post