We have merge replication system between Sql Server 2008 R2 64bit Enterprise Edition (As a Publisher&Distributor) and Sql Server 2008 R2 Express Edition (As 800+ Subscribers). We use only "https " method as transfer method.
We have 30 tables and we have Joins & Filters. Our system work normally for 5-6 months.
But for last 10 days, sometimes (generally initial snapshot being downloaded), it takes over 14 hours to replicate!! I think an infinite loop is being occured during the process. I trace the publication server with Sql Server Profiler 2008 and here is the
trace file. http://220.127.116.11/MergeReplTrace.zip
Lots of times, i see this line "exec sp_MSmergeupdatelastsyncinfo '8C01EA1F-153D-47BC-ACD3-F8439ACB7B76',2,N'Merge completed with no data changes processed .'" (and also other lines which repeat similar to this one) with same/different
Session ID's. And when i first see this line is after 3 seconds the start time of the Process!! And after , 6 seconds again same line, and after 13 seconds again same line and it goes on like this. I think, in fact synchronization process is finished after
5-6 seconds (normally because there is no any data change in fact!) but for some reason, it continues to same process over and over.
Is this a bug or anything else, h
View Complete Post