I am responsible for updating the Windows drivers for a few of our products. Recently I ported the driver from another older project , will call this product
B, (that used a different installer) into a VS2008 project
for one of our newer projects, will call this product A, so I could take advantage of the installer parameters, etc.
This worked pretty well.
Now my older project B installs on a new Windows 7 Operating system using the Windows “.msi” installer.
So I started running a series of tests on the installer and found out that if I install product A, then installed product B,
even though each has a different class name description in
the .INF file both products ended up be listed under Product A’s device type in the &ld
View Complete Post