I'm really hoping it does, because there are a few nasty ones:
1. Whenever I click on a test .sql script in the IDE (e.g. to invoke a managed proc or force a trigger to run) the Visual Stduio IDE insists on running a deploy, which takes ages, even though I have made no chnages at all since my last debug session.
2. Even once I have got past this stage (patiently waiting for the deploy) the debug session runs very slow, even single stepping through simple variable assignments takes a second or two each.
3. The [SqlTrigger] attribute is implemented poorly, I always get errors when I use thus because it has buggy handling of schema names.
4. In my solution, each time I deploy the system gens a ALTER ASSEMBLY command to upgrade the assembly binary. However this always fails (error code 6541) with:
"ALTER ASSEMBLY failed because assembly 'SqlClrAssembly' has more than one file associated with it. Use ALTER ASSEMBLY DROP FILE to remove extra files."
5. This is just getting worse! I was able yesterday to use Attach To Process, set a breakpoint in my trigger src code (C#) and then run a query in SQL Server Mgmt Studio, this cased the breakpoint to get hit and I was able to debug reasonably well.
View Complete Post