Hi, this is my first attempt on this forum to find an answer to what is happening when I use sp_send_dbmail on SQL Server 2005. I have been googeling but without success and I don't know really where to turn now.
This is the scenario:
I have set up a mail function on our SQL server. I have the e-mail addresses in one table and the content in another table. For each address I find in my table, I use the sp_send_dbmail Stored Procedure (SP) to compile a new message to the address.
When I later execute my own SP that does the above (takes the email and compiles a new message to the recipient), DatabaseMail90.exe starts on the server and the e-mails are being sent out. But this is where it gets tricky, because some of the mail are being
distributed directly, probably because it is on the same domain and network. The complicated thing is that most - not all - external mail gets an error in the msdb.dbo.sysmail_mailitems table. But the confusion does not stop here. Some of the e-mails are being
delivered even though it has a reported error in the msdb.dbo.sysmail_mailitems table.
This is the query I use to view sent messages status:
sent_status, --0 new not sent
View Complete Post