In Visual Studio 2010, I have a webform, with a button that attempts to manipulate a SQL table that has a lot of data (several years & archives of 12 people's emails: emailID, bodies, to, cc, bcc, date/time). Problem has always been that with so
many emails (500,000), I had to break up the manipulation jobs a bit, or VisualStudio/ASP.Net development server would freeze up running those SQL stored procedures.
So I determined, for each (.pst) email store, a unique series that was in each emailID - for instance, person A would have 00000195195xxxxx as their emailIDs, and person B would have 00000123456xxxxxx as their email IDs - and used those 30 [or so] identifying
flags to recursively call a function that until yesterday was running my SQL stored procedures just fine.
YEsterday, while that was running, for giggles, I rebuilt the index on my table, and freaked out the development server by accident. I had to rollback the database using SQL Server Management Studio, or the database was "Suspect".
Now, my SQL Stored Procedure in that recursively called function won't run, despite the fact that the original SQL Query [that gets the identifying flags into a Datatable, and runs the sproc on each "row"] works just fine.
I think it's a setting, to protect me ... but can't
View Complete Post