Run SSIS Packages in SQL SERVER 2005 x64 with Jet4 OleDB connections (eg:excel)
View Complete Post
Hi, multipart questions.
We have a SQL 2008 Cluster where we do not want to install SSIS. We have a SQL 2005 SSIS instance on another server for packages.
1. Can we configure jobs on the SQL 2008 custer to point to the 2005 SSIS instance? and do we need SSIS installed on the SQL 2008 cluster to do this?
2. Can we run jobs on a SQL 2005 instance, pointing to a SQL 2005 SSIS instance/packages on a third server that connect to a SQL 2008 DB instance . I know that sounds crazy, but where exactly is the CPU and memory load in that design.. job on one server,
package a seperate server and db on a third server.?
3. As mentioned, I have SQL 2005 SSIS instance. I have local admin on that server and can connect to the ssis instance from my sql 2005 sql client on my desktop. I added a new user to the server and added them to the SSIS and users group. I also
made sure they could write to the folder where they will deploy packages. However, they get some kind of access denied while trying to connect, unless I give them local admin on the server. What more access do they need than to be in the users and SSIS
group and have write access to an SSIS deployment folders?
actually we are planning to move data from GreenPLum data base to SqlServer 2005 data base using SSIS as ETL tool. What type of connection manager can we use. Is to good to use OLEDB connection manager or ODBC connection manager.
Please give me a reply as soon as possible.
My home machine has sql 2005ÃÂ and Visual Studio 2005 installed. I uninstalled VS 2005 (RTM)ÃÂ and installed VS 2008 (RTM) in its place. I then found that the SSIS templates were missing. Lesson: don't uninstall VS 2005 if you want to use SSIS 2005!
1. Is there any "workaround" to this issue?
2. (If the answer to 1 is "No")ÃÂ I willÃÂ install VS 2008 side-by-side with VS 2005 on the same box.ÃÂ When the SSIS issue is finally resolved, can I uninstall VS 2005 without doing damage to theÃÂ VS 2008 install?
Trying to refresh an existing pivot table that is connected to Analysis Services Sql Server 2005 database. My excel 2010 gets the eroor:\
XML for Analysis parser: The restriction value provided by the consumer either does not match other restrictions or refers to an unknown object.
I already tried the pivot table patch and I am still experiencing the error. I also tried starting a new excel spreadshsst and connecting to two other sql servers of newer verions and was succesful.
can any one help me, environment window server 2003 64 bit and sql server 2005 sp3 64 bit and i have installed oracle client 10g 32 bit. problem is, I am not able to see the provider name while creating linked server.
I am using a "Script Task" component. I am trying with following three simple steps:
1) Obtain the excel content in HTML
Dim reportInHtml As String = GenerateHTMLReport()
2) Generate an excel with below code:
Dim message As MailMessage
message = New MailMessage(fromAddress, toAddress, subject, String.Empty)
Using memoryStream As MemoryStream = New MemoryStream()
Dim contentAsBytes As Byte() = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(reportInHtml)
memoryStream.Write(contentAsBytes, 0, contentAsBytes.Length)
Dim contentType As ContentType = New ContentType()
contentType.MediaType = "application/ms-excel"
contentType.Name = "Excel_Report.xls"
On my local desktop, I can create and run ssis packages, when I try to do the same thing on server I get he following error right clicking on running packages or stored packages.
failed to retrieve data for this request. Library not Registered. (exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D
there are 2 instances of SQL on this server. Both are named with one being use by SQLExpress and the other by SQL2005 Std