I have a near-complete Silverlight RIA app and I am adding some features to it on the phone. What I have done so far:
1. Exposed the AuthenticationService and RIA Domain services via WCF
2. Added Service References for the Domain Services (making sure to change the Collection type of the Service Settings to Generic.List and uncheck Reuse types in referenced assemblies)
3. Updated the ServiceReferences.ClientConfig so that EnableHttpCookieContainer=true for each of the bindings and applied the cookie and saved off the authentication cookie for subsequent domain calls
The Authentication and other services are working now against the development machine. Now I want to run the phone app against the deployed server.
I deployed the Web server to my deployed machine and updated ServiceReferences.ClientConfig with the deployed server address for each EndPoint. When that failed I deleted the ServiceReferences and rebuilt them pointing to the host. No matter what I do I
get an ArgumentNullException in QueryResultOfUser EndLogin and the login request never leaves the (emulated) device (according to Fiddler).
I wrote a little test WCF app
View Complete Post