I have a few SharePoint 2010 auditing questions. Specifically:
1) Are Site Collection Audit Logs stored in the Content Database of that Site Collection and is there an alternative storage location. If so, how do you set the alternative storage location.
2) Where are the Audit logs for individual Content Types stored (ex. Under Compliance Details, you can generate an audit log report). Are they also stored in the Content Database of the Site Collection they are used in?
3) If you move a piece of content from one site collection to another one (ex. routing to a Records Center), does the audit log/reports move with the content?
4) Do the settings at the Site Collection level intefere or take precedence over an individual Content Types Audit Settings or vice versa?
5) Regarding log storage, how has anyone calculated the storage requirements for logging/how have you tracked the size of the logs since it does not appear to be trackable as part of the Content Database size? Does anyone have recommendations or a worksheet?
View Complete Post