I discovered some unexpected behavoir while editing an item in a list while in Datasheet view.ÃÂ I was able to overwrite a calculated field's value with a value I typed in.ÃÂ I was shocked that I was able to even mouse into that caculated field's column.ÃÂ When I changed the value for that field and tabbed off it, a message box appeared prompting me to preview the change and that the operation whould be timeconsuming.ÃÂ I clicked "ok' to continue and discovered that each column in the table had changed to the value I entered for each row in existence.ÃÂ If I go back into the list settings to see the formula for the calculated field, I notice that the formula has changed to equal the value I typed in Datasheet view.ÃÂ This can't be good.
Here are some steps to reproduce.
1. create a list or document library
2. add/create a new column, select calculated field with some numberic formula eg = 3*4, be sure to select number as the return data type.
3. add a few new entries to the list or library.
4. select edit in datasheet.
5. attempt to edit the value of the calculated field with some numberic value.
6. you may be prompted for a username/password if the signed in
View Complete Post