We have a strange problem with our Sharepoint 2007 farm(Servers are 1 Sql Server 2008, 1 WFE, 1 Central Admin, 1 Index, 1 Qry, all Windows Server 2008 64-bit). I've
searched for 4 days for a solution, without any luck. (I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm new to the care and feeding of Sharepoint. I was initially reluctant to take on the responsibility because of my inexperience with the product and our
consultants recommendation for a dedicated resource, but "ya gotta do what ya gotta do"...)
The initial problem reported on
4/5/2011 was that Sharepoint had stopped sending email alerts when items were updated. This has been a recurring issue, although the problem has not always been within the
Sharepoint environment boundaries(the email server in one notable case was the problem), but many times the problem has originated within Sharepoint.
As I checked into it, the problem this time appeared to be due to the Timer Job not running. I checked the timer service, and for good
View Complete Post