I have been working with InfoPath07 and SharePoint Moss 07 for two years. I have recieved the Updating Content Type error in the past which I got around by creating new library's. This was over a year ago and happened only a couple times.
Recently, my dept did a database migration. About 3 weeks prior to the migration I started having troubles with publishing InfoPath.
First issue, it would take about three hours for my form to go through to the form/document library. Sometimes they would publish, other times I would get Updating Content Type Failed.
Now that our databases have been migrated, I don't have to wait three hours to get my error. I get my error on (1)existing forms that just needed interface updated (no changes to forms content), (2) existing forms that have no content at all,
(3) and brand new forms that have never existed, with no content.
I have tried:
- Deleting some content (fields)
- Deleting all content
- Deleting the entire library and starting fresh (including any content types in Central Admin or workflows associated)
- Creating a brand new form with no content type
I have been researching and trying to figure this issue out for at least three months. I am still getting this error with every form I publish to update the forms library; howe
View Complete Post