View Complete Post
I have discovered that my Web Front End server will try to connect directly to the SQL server I have listed in my external content type. I am able to render the contenct properly on my SharePoint 2010 App server, but when I try to render the list on
the DMZ server I receive Cannot connect to the LobSystem (External System).
Is there a way around this? I would like my Web Front End to connect only to my SharePoint 2010 App tier which has access to all of the databases in my infrastructure. The Web Front End only has access to the App tier.
I used the Secure Store to create connection in SharePoint 2010 Designer External Content Types Data Source Explorer. Later I changed some column names in the table.
I deleted the connection from Data Source Explorer and recreated it. I right clicked on the table and selected Create All Operations. When I clicked the Finish button, I got "The system definition with the same name as this data source already exists in the
Business Data Connectivity Metadata Store and it refers to a different data source. Cannot complete operation generation. Add a connection to this data source with a different name and try again."
I re-created the Secure Store using a different name in SharePoint 2010 Central Administration. I didn't find the option to choose the connection name in SharePoint 2010
Designer. After I clicked Add Connection, I entered the Database Server and the Database Name, selected Connect with Impersonated Window Identity, entered Secure Store name, and clicked OK. The connection created with the database name as before.
Migrating Business Connectivity Services External Content Types in SharePoint 2010 Learn to migrate BCS external content types from a development environment to testing environments and production environments in SharePoint 2010.