Hey. I'm somewhat new to SSRS 2008 and I've built two datasources connecting to "HumanResources" and "HumanResourcesDev5" databases on a single server. Both of those datasources have been changed from a Windows NT login clone to a preset login for a temp account that we have for testing called "Test2". I have opened my created datasets and verified that when they open they ask for the password for the new credentials that I have set for the datasources. After verifying this and the connection I re-opened the reports that I made within Report Builder (not Report Designer a VS extension) and verified all of the dataset and datasource information. These reports and report parts get saved to the http://localhost/Reports folder within the server. I have published the report parts to the /Report Parts folder within the localhost.
This is where I begin to have issues...
When someone uses the reports that I have generated through report builder and link to them on our sharepoint site when a person without an actual account on the SQL server tries to view them they cannot because they do not have sufficient permissions. And what I noticed is that it still tries to use their Windows NT credentials rather than the temp account (Test2) that we have created which is why they
View Complete Post