I have WCF service deployed with and ASP.Net application. And the same application has got Silverlight application used. How can use that WCF after hosting in the silverlight application.
Please provide help.
View Complete Post
when i add http://abcdef/webservice.svc in service reference , I got the following errors
The document at the url http://staging.syncfusion.com/SyncfusionService/WebsiteService.svc was not recognized as a known document type.
The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem:
- Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'There was an error downloading 'http://26128-staging/SyncfusionService/WebsiteService.svc?disco'.'.
- The remote name could not be resolved: '26128-staging'
- Report from 'http://staging.syncfusion.com/SyncfusionService/WebsiteService.svc' is 'The document format is not recognized (the content type is 'text/html; charset=UTF-8').'.
- Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'The document format is not recognized (the content type is 'text/html; charset=UTF-8').'.
- Report from 'XML Schema' is 'The document format is not recognized (the content type is 'text/html; charset=UTF-8').'.
Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'http://staging.syncfusion.com/SyncfusionService/WebsiteService.svc'.
The remote server returned an unexpected response: (417) Expectation failed.
The remote server returned an error: (417) Expectation failed.
If the service is defined in the current solution, try building the solution and adding the service
I need the actual service reference to the wcf object to be dynamic. How can I switch between servers (server1, server2) with the same exact signatures and data contracts?
Right now I have to right click and add service reference. I want to know how I can change the service reference to point to server 1 or server 2 at runtime