I've set up URL Rewriting per Scott Guthrie's guidance (Scott's blog - Approach 3: Using an HTTP module to perform extension-less url rewriting with IIS7) and I'm using Url Rewriter.
OK, so it was a piece of cake to setup and everything runs perfectly on the dev server (cassini). I was all excited and put it on the production server and it immediately choked - the site won't even load and instead gives a "500 internal server error"
Production server is a shared hosting environment running IIS 7 in integrated mode , ASP.net 3.5 and SSL.
I have another HTTP module installed called Security Switch , which I disabled to remove it from the equation. I don't think that affects anything since it was already running fine on the dev server and prod server, but I'm not 100% sure and wanted to throw it out there if that helps diagnose.
I've followed the setup instructions precisely, triple checked everything in web.config and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm guessing it must be getting stuck in the IIS 7 pipeline somewhere. I've read through all the installation docume
View Complete Post