Hi - I need some help:
1. I'm using a ListView using an ObjectDataSource which has CRUD operations implemented by a biz objects layer sitting between the UI and the SQL DB.
2. The Biz Objects layer consists of partial classes which extend the functionality of a series of entity objects created by Linq2SQL.
3. The ObjectDataSource makes use of DataObjectTypeName which is set to the resume_school entity object generated by Linq2SQL.
4. The resume_school object has a property - "school" which is a child entity - also created by Linq2SQL. The school object has it's own properties and is related to the resume_school object via a relationship created by their common "school_id" fields.
5. I am successfully using, as an example <%# Eval("school.school1") %> to bind to a label control embedded in the Select Template.
6. Similarly, I am successfully using <%# Bind("school.school1") %> to bind to a textbox control embedded in the Edit Template.
7. Both of these find and return the correct data from the DB.
8. When I click on "Update" while in Edit Mode, I get the following error msg:
Could not find a property named 'school.school1' on the
type specified by the DataObjectTypeName property in ObjectDataSource
View Complete Post