Normally in Visual Web Developer Express 2010 syntax highlighting for my VB code will stop working when there is an error in the page right before the code. Lately I've had the problem that all VB code in an entire website will start doing this with no errors in the page/code.
It's impossible to debug without syntax highlighting and quite a bit harder just to write new code. The last time I this happened I did as follows.
- Successfully tried opening the website on a different computer in VWD Express
- Closed the website and reopened with no change
- Closed VWD and reopened with no change
- Built the website with no change
- Reinstalling VWD Express with no change
Finally I had to reimage my entire computer and reinstall VWD which worked for less than 2 weeks before the problem returned. This has to be a known issue but the search on this forum appears to be down. I can't reimage my PC every 2 weeks, does anyone have suggestions?
View Complete Post