I'm thinking about ways to design my UI for an upcoming project. I would like to use a treeview (or treeview like) control to present a hierarchy down the left side of the page with content of selected node being displayed in the main page area.
1. my hierarchy will need to be populated programmatically, including data from database queries.
2. When a node is selected from the hierarchy on the left, I want the content area to load without a full page postback. I would like the treeview to remain and use some type of progress animation in the content area while that data is retrieved.
I have not used the treeview control or any ajax before... but I'm assuming this should be possible.
2. Doable? as in, this type of setup is a regularly implemented pattern?
3. would the ajax required to do this require the toolkit? or just basic updatePanel/updateProgress controls?
4. if this is doable, any suggestions, examples, links, etc.. on this pattern would be greatly appreciated.
View Complete Post