I've been troubleshooting this issue on and off for a few weeks now. I've scoured these forums and looked through sqlis.com, but I'm just about out of ideas. Here's what's happening.
I have a *very* simple integration services package I developed on a virtual Windows XP machine running on my workstation. The package uses a script task to simulate a one-row source with four columns (int, char(64), varchar(512) and char(2))
and then passes that off to a fuzzy lookup. The fuzzy lookup is running against a table of only about 6,000 rows. The package then inserts the results into a table and exits.
When I run this from my virtual XP machine, it completes in 1-2 seconds.
When I execute this on the server (either as a job or through DTExec) it takes 14-18 seconds. The server stores the package in MSDB and is also the location where the fuzzy lookup happens.
I've tried using the 32-bit runtime, creating 32- and 64-bit aliases to the server, changing the name of the server from the name to the IP address and port, stopping/restarting SQL Agent and SSIS Services... none of this seems to change the execution time.
The one thing I've found is that if I enable package logging on the logging tab of the job, using the SSIS Log Provider for SQL Server and pointing it to the same connection st
View Complete Post